Sunday, July 13, 2008

In lieu of a basket...

or a file, or a drawer, or several draws, many baskets, many files. Yup, that's how all my library stuff is laid out - and not just at home but in two separate libraries as well.
So welcome to my brand new blog. Here's where I will try to pull it all together - book lists, reviews, program ideas, links to crafts, anything I find I can use in my work as a children's librarian.
A note: this is not a "kidslit" blog, although I have put links to some of the finest ones on my blogroll - I couldn't possibly match the energy and detail of those blogs! And this may be vague and on again, off again, and bursts of enthusiasm, and then stretches of not a lot...a bit like yours truly operates, especially when writing which I am supposedly doing (my other gig).
But I wander - if anything strikes your fancy, please, borrow any idea you might find of use. If you borrow from a review or something "written", please note the source (moi!). The most helpful thing I have found in library work is the generosity of other librarians. I will try to pay it forward.
Cheers.

No comments: