Monday, September 15, 2008

...and he grew up to be a librarian


"Edmund was a boy. The people who did not like him said that he was the most tiresome boy that ever lived, but his grandmother and his other friends said that he had an inquiring mind. And his granny often added that he was the best of boys. But she was very kind and very old."


from Kind Little Edmund or the Caves and the Cockatrice by E. Nesbit in her The Complete Book of Dragons for the quote a day challenge (my theme: children's books grabbed at random)



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,there :) I came here via The Hidden Side of the Leaf.I love your booky quotes :) I was a huge fan of A Little Princess (and The Secret Garden) growing up,too

Little trivia: Edward Ormondroyd lives in my town! His wife works at our library :)

Susan Moorhead said...

That is so serendipity amazing that he lives in your town - is his wife a librarian?