Monday, September 29, 2008

Be a Rebel! Read a banned book!


Read a book from the list of books objected to by people I find objectionable (can I ban them?) during banned books week, September 29 to October 6.
Several variety of lists are available at the ALA website but I suggest buying a book - yes, I always think libraries are swell places to get books, but here is a link to purchasing children's books that have been banned - in this case I think we should show the authors some love for refusing to be limited by narrow minds. http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syltguides/fullview/R35VVPN7OSI8N
And I enclose this illustration and quote- the borders are the redesign of A Wrinkle in Time (proudly on the banned books list along with The Bible, Alice in Wonderland, and other books guaranteed to ruin minds). I love her for starting that great book with that great line - she had wonderful humor in that brilliant mind of hers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why on earth would Alice in Wonderland ever be banned! It's an amazing story!

"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.

"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."

"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.

"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."


[IMG]http://i35.tinypic.com/sp9fki.jpg[/IMG]